I’m a big shopper. Unfortunately I don’t own a golden Visa and a bank account that tells me ‘oh, you can shop until you drop’. So smart shopping is really important. I have a few tips in how you can get the most out of your shopping budget:
- Make wishlists! This goes together with the next points.
- Check your favourite brands for upcoming collections. Or just read many fashion blogs who post about new collections. I know, with Summer coming up it’s not that much fun to read about Fall and Winter trends, but you’ll see some pieces you really want to save for. I made my list already! (my f/w list you can find here)
- Make an inventory of your closet. That way you’ll know what you already have and how you can buy new pieces to go with it instead of buying a whole new outfit. That way you’ll save a lot of money.
- Invest in timeless items and make your closet complete with a few (maybe more pricy) on trend items and statement accessories.
- Moleskine made a fashion journal (read about it here) where you can put your whole fashion life in: your wishlist items (and where to find them), your closet inventory and your new-in’s.
- Tired of your clothes? Go to events like Swishing/Swapping where you can sell/swap your clothes and give new clothes a second life. You can also set up your own Tictail shop and sell your clothes to get new money (and money means new outfits, yay!).(I made my own store, but still need to put all items in. ) Ebay is another possibility to either sell your items or buy new ones.
- Go to dedicated Sales websites. In Belgium we have Solden.be, a platform that hosts a lot of webshops, from Hema to H&M, to Forever 21, to Mexx. Solden.be you should check on daily, because it provides you with codes to get free items, free shipping and days where you get discounts on the whole collections. We like! Underneath some pictures of Solden.be.
So, I hope these tips are a bit usefull to you. The goal is to get the most out of your shopping budget. When I was younger I’d like to have a few expensive things, now I’ve become a ‘smarter shopper’. I buy timeless items, I invest in vintage items, and I spice my outfits up with a statement accessory.
If you have more shopping tips to add to my list, let me know!
Follow me on Bloglovin / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest